About the Lao Foundation
The Lao Foundation adopts a proposition that is essentially integrated to the vision of D&L Industries’ holding and member companies. With them and other partner institutions, LFI hopes to build and strengthen its neighbor communities towards leadership and excellence. LFI strongly believes true and authentic people empowerment is through building competence and forming character. It sees its mission in the difficult yet challenging task of “framing minds, forming hearts, and transforming lives.”
The Lao Foundation primarily works with institutional partners who have better capabilities in implementing direct programs and services for the empowerment of the indigent and putting resources into optimum use. They also oftentimes have bigger networks for maximum impact. These may be NGOs, schools, denominational reach out communities, youth centers, orphanages, welfare organizations, and all those engaged in similar and related works and ministries. In some occasions, LFI offers more direct involvements in extending aids and assistance to the less fortunate, disadvantaged, and marginalized groups when such arrangements would better and more effectively serve and benefit them.
AREAS OF FOCUS
Amount spent on
CSR initiatives in 2016
Educational Assistance/ Scholarship Program
College Scholarship Project Partners:
- Charity First Foundation, Inc.
TechVoc Educational Assistance Project Partners:
- Don Bosco PUGAD Foundation, Inc.
- Don Bosco Youth Center Tondo, Inc.
- Don Bonsco Training Center - San Jose, Inc.
- Dualtech Training Center Foundation
- Dynamic Christian School of Technology, Inc.
High School Educational Assistance Project Partners:
- A Better Chance Foundation, Inc.
- ABS-CBN Lingkod Kapamilya Foundation, Inc.
- Philippine Science High School Foundation, Inc.
Special Educational Assistance Project Partners:
- Maria Lena Buhay Memorial Foundation, Inc.
Livelihood Skills Project Partners:
- Tzu Chi Buddhist Foundation, Inc.
Educational Sponsorship Program
LFI- BINHI English Literacy Partner Schools:
- Bagumbayan Elementary School
- Camp Crame Elementary School
- Fort Aguinaldo Elementary School
- Libis Elementary School
- Manggahan Elementary School
- San Ramon Elementary School
- Santolan Elementary School
Bagumbayan Elementary School Educational Sponsorship Project
LBL Educational Excellence Awards Program
ELL Teachers’ Welfare Program
Teachers’ Welfare Project Partners:
- Grace Christian High School Project Bless Foundation, Inc.
- Purple Centers Foundation, Inc.
Community Outreach Program
- ► 2017 (1)
► 2016 (43)
- ► October (2)
► September (5)
- • LFI Inks MOAs with 3 Partner-Foundations
- • LFI visits Don Bosco Youth Center Tondo and Purple Centers Foundation
- • LFI visits Fr. Marie Eugene Family Development Foundation Inc. (MEFAMDEV)
- • LFI meets with Technological University of the Philippines - Taguig Campus
- • LFI meets the 2nd batch of student-trainees under LFI-Tzu Chi Foundation Livelihood Training Assistance Project
► August (9)
- • Getting to Know a LFI-A Better Chance Foundation Night High School Scholar: Katherine
- • Getting to know LFI-A Better Chance Foundation Night High School Scholar: Michiko
- • LFI meets Don Bosco Tondo Youth Center TechVoc Scholars
- • LFI starts TechVoc Scholarship Project with Dynamic Christian School of Technology
- • Asian Social Institute (ASI) Visits Lao Foundation
- • NO Ceasefire… as LFI-Binhi starts at Camp Crame Elementary School and Fort Aguinaldo Elementary School!
- • Lao Foundation signs MOA with Don Bosco Youth Center Tondo, Don Bosco Pugad, and Purple Centers Foundation
- • Lao Foundation Recognized During the Gawad Calambayani Awarding Ceremony
- • A Better Chance Foundation Inks MOA with Lao Foundation for the Night High School Project
► July (4)
- • LFI-Binhi English Literacy Project NOW in Pasig!
- • LFI-Binhi English Literacy Classes for SY 2016-2017 Begin!
- • LFI visits Don Bosco Youth Center – Tondo Inc. and Asian Social Institute (ASI)
- • U.P. Engineering Research & Development Foundation, Inc. Revives Funding Request for the “LFI-UPERDFI College Educational Assistance Project”
► June (4)
- • LFI-Binhi English Literacy Project SY 2016-2017 Officially Started with MOA Signing and Teachers’ Training
- • LFI gets BIR Certificate of Registration as Donee Institution until May 2018
- • Congratulations to the 1st batch of graduates of LFI-Tzu Chi Foundation Livelihood Training Project!
- • CHIVA ni Doakan visits Lao Foundation
- ► May (4)
► April (4)
- • LFI Inducted as a New Member of Association of Foundations (AF)
- • Lao Foundation Visits Sponsored Student-Trainees Under the LFI-Tzu Chi Foundation Livelihood Training Assistance Project!
- • Charity First Foundation Recognizes LAO Foundation During 15th Anniversary Celebration
- • Congratulations to the Graduates of LFI-Binhi English Literacy Project!
- ► March (4)
► February (5)
- • Getting to Know a LFI-PSHSFI Scholar
- • LFI Explores Possible Project with Magna Anima Education System, Inc.
- • LFI visits Dynamic Christian Training Center, Inc.
- • Lao Foundation Explores Night High School Scholarship project with A Better Chance Foundation and Sienna College for 2016!
- • LFI’s Evelyn Lee Lao Teachers' Welfare Program Update by Partner GCHS Project BLESS Foundation
- ► January (2)
► 2015 (27)
- ► December (5)
- ► November (3)
► October (5)
- • Maria Lena Buhay Memorial Foundation, Inc. signs Special Education Educational Assistance Project with Lao Foundation
- • LFI visits A Better Chance Foundation, and the Night School of Siena College of Taytay
- • Philippine Science High School Foundation, Inc. (PSHSFI) inks MOA with LFI for an Educational Assistance Project
- • Association of Foundations and Ayala Foundation visit Lao Foundation
- • Lao Foundation joins the Education Committee of the League of Corporate Foundations (LCF)
- ► September (2)
- ► August (1)
- ► July (4)
- ► May (3)
- ► April (2)
- ► March (2)
► 2014 (7)
- ► December (2)
- ► June (5)
- ► 2013 (3)